ZIP Validator is a userfield plugin for VirtueMart allowing your client to validate the zip code while registrating, and you to validate the zip code given by the shopper.
- Automatically validates the ZIP code acording to the country selected.
- Parsing/formatting/validating phone numbers for all countries/regions of the world based on Google’s postal address data libaddressinput
Installation of the plugin ZIP Validator
Install the plugin via the joomla installer
- Select Extensions form the main horizontal menu in Joomla
- Select the submenu Manage
- Select Upload Package File tab
- Select the package to upload
- Click on upload
What does the plugin during installation?
- It enables the plugin
- If it finds a shopper field with the name zip in VirtueMart, it automatically replaces the type input text by the type plugin alatak_zipvalidator
As mentionned in the warning message, you must now set up the configuration of the shopper field.
ZIP Validator Configuration in VirtueMart
Create the shopper fields in VirtueMart
If you do not have the shopper field zip, you will have to create them.
In VirtueMart, on the left menu select Configuration, and then Shopper Fields.
VirtueMart when installing creates all the required shopper fields necessary for the checkout.
- Click on New on that page
- In the dropdown called Field Type, select ZIP Number Validator
- For the Field name, a meanningfull name
- For the Field title, you can add the same key as the one used by VirtueMart. Example: COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_ZIP for the zip code
Select the countries for which validate the Zip code. If no country are selected, the ZIP validation will be done for all countries.
At the bottom of that page, check that you have set the VirtueMart parameters for shopper fields like this:
- Required: as you wish
- Show in cart form: No
- Show in account maintenance: Yes
- Show in shipment form : Yes
- Read-Only: No
- Published: Yes
The ZIP Validator uses the data from the libaddressinput library of Google to validate zips.
The Zip Validator plugin is available under the GNU / GPL. The license is valid for 1 year from the date of purchase.
If problems arise with ZIP Validator plugin, here is a list of action to take yourself:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the plugin
- If you use 3rd party System One Page Checkout plugin, disable it, and repeat tests
- Test with the default template provided by Joomla
If your problem persists, create a ticket : specify Joomla and VirtueMart versions, and describe your problem in detail. You can attach screenshots.
If the bug is proved, it will be corrected soon. You will be notified via the Joomla update. Then go to your account and download the latest version of the plugin.
How to update
- Install the plugin via the joomla installer. It is automatically updated.
- It is a good habit to go to the userfield configuration, and check if there are some new parameters, and save the plugin.
- version 1.0.0 :
- initial version